Rainathon is a unique idea where in people gather together to walk under the rain for a few kilometers. The location of the walk is generally a hill station or a forest area where more rain is expected. The uniqueness about this event is that the journey is covered without any raincoats, umbrellas or any kind of rain protectors.
Team events are conducted to help participants know each other. Local talents are identified and rewarded. Seeds are distributed to the participants, so that they can be sown during the nature walk. This event is conducted twice a year only and has limited number of entries per event.
During this walk, people are able to socialize, take part in various outdoor activities, enjoy varieties of local food and have some fun, all under the rain. As an initiative, varieties of seeds are sown in various parts of the travel destination.
The motto of the group is to enjoy the scenic beauty in the nature and let go all the tensions and difficulties of the busy lifestyle. A group of enthusiastic people from Bengaluru have successfully finished 12 seasons of Rainathon. We welcome everyone to be a part of this family and help grow the community.
Currently, this event is organized from Bengaluru only, but people across India are welcome to join this event.
Facilities provided by Rainathon team are:
1. Transport from one particular pickup point
3. Carry bag with water bottle, seeds and snacks
4. Breakfast, Lunch, Evening snacks & Dinner
There are few rules that needs to be followed by every participant which are listed below:
1. Bring essential medicines
2. Do not form internal groups, this will defeat the very purpose of this event
3. Do not split from the team
4. Raise any health issues earlier
5. Report any lost/found items immediately
6. Children below 12yrs are not allowed
7. Only registered users are allowed